John Hines

Default Old Craftsman Table Saw Motor

William wrote:

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 17:53:31 -0600, John Hines wrote:

Good site lot of info. But it did not explain "Farm Duty"?

Look under service factor. I don't know the term "farm duty" either.

I check GE 1-1/2hp Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled", price as low as $147 and over
$250. Grizzley selling "same" Emerson's assembled in US or imported for the
$149.95.

GE are like top of the line motors, I've never had a problem with them.
I remember a summer job in building maintenance, where the building
engineer sent me over there to pick up a 7.5hp GE motor, cause he was
tired of screwing with a re-build or other motor problems.

By the way if I decided to replace the motor I will get it from them. Thanks

Good folks, I've been dealing with them for 30 years. Of course, being
local, I can just take the old motor in, and say "one of these, please",
which is what I did a couple of winters ago, with my furnace motor.