Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

Default Mains powered circular saw for a left-hander

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
On 20 Jun 2018 13:48:03 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

I hold a pen between thumb and forefinger, with all finger joints
bent. I get lots of comments but that's how I've always done it.

Perhaps, like me, you taught yourself to write before anyone thought to
show you the "proper" way to hold a pen?

In the IMDB entry for the series Victoria, people have criticised Jenna
Coleman (how could anyone criticise someone so cute?) for holding her pen in
a "monkey's fist grip" rather than as Victoria would have done. But I'm not
sure exactly how Victoria *would* have held a pen and what was so bad about
the way Jenna portrayed it. At least she didn't grip the pen between the
first joint of her index and middle fingers, as a lot of today's school
children seem to do. I think the gist of the criticism was that the fingers
should be straight, with the pen aligned with the index finger, not with
fingers slightly curved, and held only between index finger and thumb, not
the three-fingered thumb-index grip with the pen resting on the middle
finger underneath for extra support and control which is how I was taught.

No matter how you hold your pen, all that matters in the end is whether
people can read your writing.