Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ggherold@gmail.com is offline

Default Digital AM/FM Signal Generator

On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 2:00:29 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I have come into a small, but totally unexpected windfall. As is the way of these things, it will be split into thirds, one to savings, one to my wife for spending on the house - as is her habit, and one to play with.

I am looking for a *SIMPLE* AM/FM/SW signal generator - need not be stereo, but I would like it to be digital. And, cheap.

I have two vintage devices that work just fine, but as I am gently approaching my "retirement" bench (still about 5 years out, but close enough) I am trying to reduce the clutter to fewer, but easier to use instruments.

I see devices in the many thousands of dollars - no need for that. Nor will I fuss about Chinese-Origin equipment in this case, as long as it is reliable and simple. The number of radios I actually align in a year, or FM tuners may be counted on both hands, or fewer. And of those, few of them are so far off as to require much effort - well, maybe that last Hallicrafters..

If this is too much to expect, what about a _REALLY_ good analog device, small, simple and solid-state? I am patient, and can wait as well. No rush whatsoever.

My budget is at/around US$320.

Along these lines - what about something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Leader-LSG-...AOSwVuNbGAM L

Thanks in advance!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I like my Rigol DG1022. But only goes to 25 MHz.

https://www.rigolna.com/products/wav...rators/dg1000/

100 MHz get's more expensive.

George H.