Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Face Shield on Amazon on sale

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:15cfb2c6-af7e-4e2d-8a3a-
:

I almost lost an eye because of a bar clamp. My safety glasses did their job.

They might have saved your life.

I was dry fitting a railing while building my deck. I clamped the railing
to a post with a 36" bar clamp, stupidly pointing the bar end out into the
yard. I stepped back about 10, 15' to see how the railing looked and decided to
make an adjustment. As I walked back towards the deck my eyes were focused
on the railing. About 3' from the railing my head snapped back as I walked
straight into the 3/4" x 1/4" end of the steel bar. The end of the bar hit
square in the middle of the left lens of my safety glasses, slid upwards
and ripped a 3" long gash in my forehead starting right above the eyebrow.

I hit the bar with enough force to crack the lens of the glasses. I have no
doubt that I would have pushed my eyeball into my skull if I hadn't have been
wearing them. I felt myself going into shock while the blood ran down my face.
The shock was more from fear of what could have happened vs. the actual blow
to my head. I was literally shaking as I thought about the outcome had I not
been wearing those safety glasses.