Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dear Believer Dear Believer is offline

Default I saw an incredible steam forging hammer in Chicago

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 21:27:53 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2018 09:41:07 -0700, Mayla wrote:

Be sure to keep your distance from that 60k ton psi warehouse. They
may be trying to generate some kind of gravitational singularity. I
doubt the brakes on any of your clunkers could prevent you being
sucked in.

Which 60k ton warehouse?

You mean this 41,000 ton PSI press?

https://goo.gl/photos/hEKGca9vzDenPvwU9

No, not one.

Or this 32,000 ton PSI press?

https://goo.gl/photos/SSfbczRwjsEtCwyN7

No, not that one.

This is the one you told us about.
http://web.webermetals.com/60000-ton-press/

You wrote:
"Thats 60,000 Tons..per square inch btw"
"The total force if adjusted to max loading, is 60,000 tons per
square inch."

The maker says the platen size 10' X 20'. So that you don't need a
calculator to answer the following question, I'll tell you the platen
is about 29,000 sq inches.

I ask again, what is the total force based on your specs and the
platen size?