Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Steam generator iron

In message , Scott
writes
I have a Bosch steam generator iron, which has just started emitting
dirty coloured liquid. I live in Scotland so descaling should not be
an issue. Can I assume it is faulty as I have not put anything in
other than water and the brown must have come from somewhere?

We are in Aberdeenshire and use tap water in our Morphy Richards steam
generator iron, which is probably 10 - 12 years old, irons for 3 of us
and has never been cleaned.

Yes, occasionally, dirty steam comes out, and I have no idea why, so
when I'm ironing, I always start with a coloured handkerchief, which
matters less than, say, a white shirt. To be honest, it happens rarely
enough that I don't really give it much thought. Perhaps yours happens
more regularly, which would be cause for concern.
--
Graeme