Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.comp.homebuilt
NY NY is offline

Default Cheap Photos From an Inkjet printer!?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
For B&W (eg letters) a laser is probably a better buy than an inkjet - no
streaky print if it's not been used for a while.

What is the point of printing letters anymore ?

For companies that need an "official", signed document. For companies that
do not provide an electronic means of correspondence or which only provide a
"Contact Us" web form: I find that an email or a written letter is harder to
ignore and more likely to elicit a response than a web form which I suspect
often gets redirected to /dev/null or else to a junior support sprog who
tries to palm you off with platitudes and who utterly fails to address the
points you raise.

This will change over time, though the signed letter for financial
authorisation may take a long time to be dragged into the 21st century. I
have savings with one company who will accept a fax of a signed letter in
lieu of it being sent by post, but will not accept an emailed scan of the
same letter. Work that one out! They are both images of the same written
document, just sent via different technology.