Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default update, was: any window air conditioners with "sleeves" still made?

In =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= writes:

danny burstein posted for all of us...

The one I found is the Lucky Goldstar ("LG") LW1517IVSM
14,000 BTU DUAL Inverter Smart wi-fi Enabled
Window Air Conditioner

http://www.lg.com/us/air-conditioners/lg-LW1517IVSM

Since this one has a 14,000 BTU capacity, it'll work at 95 pct
or so of its rating for a half hour, and then throttle back.

Is it oversized? Less humidity control...

This is the beauty of an inverter based, variable
output, air conditioner. Instead of short cycling
the14,000 BTUs, it throttles down to (for illustration)
just 5,000... and stays on.