Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bill Gill Bill Gill is offline

Default Casio Wave Ceptor radio controlled watch, WR50M

On 6/17/2018 9:43 AM, Michael Black wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018, N_Cook wrote:

On 26/03/2018 08:31, N_Cook wrote:
2 weeks on and no problem, passed through to daylight saving time
automatically yesterday. So perhaps cleaning battery contact points, and
bending contact metal is all that was wrong. Otherwise leaving out the
piezo spring contact-unlikely or close-handling , the big unknown

3 months on of normal 24/7 use and no problem to report.
If it ain't broke, don't poke: replacement battery and disconnected
spring contact remain on the outside.

I have a Waveceptor, don't know the module number, but it's "solar
powered".Â* I don't use the backlight much, but what I remember is I got
it in the spring of 2006, and it's still running fine on the first
battery. At one time, I accidentally activated the function where if you
move the watch at a certain angle the backlight comes on, no need to
press a button.Â* Before I figured out how to reset that, the "battery
indicator" was down one bar, I think the only time it's never been at
"full power". I paid about 20 dollars for it, wanting the "atomic watch"
aspect, but it's nice not to have to change the battery.Â* I know on my
previous Casio, somehow the replacement battery lasted a very short
time, and then the strap broke, so I abandoned it, rather than buy a
second battery so soon on top of needing a new strap.

Â* Michael

I have had 2 of the Casios. Both of them failed when the case broke.
They still ran fine, but with a broken case they got filled with
moisture and the crystal fogged over.

Bill