Toller

Default Ground fall outlets?

"Cheryl" wrote in message
link.net...
Hi, my bathroom outlets quit after a big rain. Someone said they are
probably ground fall outlets and flip all the switches on my box panel,
which seems all ok and didn't help anyway. What do I look for next?

Thanks!

Bathroom outlets have had to be GFCI (ground fault) for many years.
It can be done by using a GFCI breaker, or a GFCI outlet.
Do any of your outlets look different than normal, with a couple buttons on
it? If so, that is a GFCI outlet. Push the restore button. It will either
restore your power, or trip again immediately.
If you don't have an outlet like that, then perhaps one of you breakers is
GFCI. It will also have a button on it. Move the lever all the way off,
and then all the way on again. It will either restore your power, or trip
again immediately.

Either way, you should find out why rain caused a problem. Hopefully you
have one or more outside outlets on the same circuit. (In fact, if you don't
find a GFCI on your bathroom outlets or the breaker, check your outside
outlets for one.) If some rain got it that could be the problem. You will
have to seal it better and/or replace the outlet.

If you don't have any outside outlets, then it must be a bathroom outlet.
You have a more significant problem that can't be fixed over the internet.
And, the problem is not with a GFCI (because you don't have one, or it tests
okay) then you probably have a loose connection somewhere, unrelated to the
rain.