Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Lumber auction

On Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 9:42:13 AM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

Kicker on these auctions for individuals is the insurance rider they
demand for loading and that as I understand it, you've got to arrange
for it.

Of the five or so sales I've participated in, for items that can be carried or carted out, that insurance mandate is waived. The ins. is for those huge items, where some kind of heavy equipment is required for disassembly and/or loading.

In all the sales I've participated in, the local guys were very helpful in accommodating the loading, using carts, fork lifts, etc. ..... with the *exception of the last sale, where/when I bought the antique work tables. In getting directions for where my items were, the guy was tending to some hard maple cutting/work. I asked if he could also load some of that stock onto my truck. Alas, no go.

Sonny