Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Unattended Bonfires

wrote in message

On Sunday, 17 June 2018 10:54:27 UTC+1, Bertie Doe wrote:
The problem with talking Legal Action is persuading 24 householders to
foot
the bill. I was hoping there was an alternative ?

Complain to local authority Environmental Health that the continued and
prolonged bonfires are a statutory nuisance. Under the Environmental
Protection Act 1990, the Council is obliged to take action where a
statutory nuisance exists.

https://www.eden.gov.uk/your-environ...res-and-smoke/

The notice may be served on Scandinavian Lady or her Parents if they are
the owners or managers of the land concerned.

Another possibility is an injunction against bonfires but you'd probably
need to know the identity of the culprit.

For both of the above you don't need 24 householders to all complain, but
it will be more effective if you have mmultiple complaints.

When does the problem allotmentee's 'tenancy' of the allotment expire?
Would it be feasible for you to offer to take it over?

Owain

There's 11 months to run on his annual tenancy plus I don't want to take on
another allotment. There's just the 2 of us and each allotment measures 170'
x 20', that's about 12 sq rod ....

Thanks for the above link to Eden DC. I'm sure our local authority will have
something similar. I'll check that out.