Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Unattended Bonfires

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
Have you tried approaching the person they sub let it to? I'm not sure
you are allowed to sub let allotments around here actually, but that is a
whole other thing.

One of the problems is the weather, under certain conditions smoke does
tend to swirl near the ground and become a big problem to neighbours.
After all all he needs to do is damp it down before he leaves the site.

Be grateful that you don't live opposite a farm. We're living in a cottage
in a small village in the Yorkshire Dales, which sounds idyllic but the
village is dominated by a dairy farm. The smell from the cows is
noticeable but not really objectionable, but whenever the farm dig around
in the muck heap to pile it up, the whole village reeks for several days,
indoors as well as outdoors. The smell clings to any washing that is hung
out to dry, requiring re-washing and then hanging up indoors to dry (or
drying "smalls" in the tumble drier).

Surely only the sox are smalls anymore now with so
many lard arses around and everyone using tissues.

Tho I spose what little kids wear are still smalls.