Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Unattended Bonfires

Have you tried approaching the person they sub let it to? I'm not sure you
are allowed to sub let allotments around here actually, but that is a whole
other thing.

One of the problems is the weather, under certain conditions smoke does tend
to swirl near the ground and become a big problem to neighbours. After all
all he needs to do is damp it down before he leaves the site.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bertie Doe" wrote in message
You've only got yourself to blame if you locate next to a group of
allotments. There are some freehold allotments adjoining our terrace ( I
own one of them).

One of my absentee neighbours (she lives in Scandinavia) has sub-let her
allotment, to a guy who likes leaving compost to smoulder for 24 + hours.
Problem is, if you leave your bedroom window open at night, the pong can
be unpleasant.

When I complained to Scandinavian lady's parents (who manage the allotment
on her behalf) I was asked "Don't you like the smell of smoke?" I replied
"My wife doesn't like the smell on washing" My wife is also a former TB
sufferer and her lungs are pretty much shot.

Next time I don't want to call the Fire Brigade out but is there any other
action I can take? TIA