Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Unattended Bonfires

You've only got yourself to blame if you locate next to a group of
allotments. There are some freehold allotments adjoining our terrace ( I own
one of them).

One of my absentee neighbours (she lives in Scandinavia) has sub-let her
allotment, to a guy who likes leaving compost to smoulder for 24 + hours.
Problem is, if you leave your bedroom window open at night, the pong can be
unpleasant.

When I complained to Scandinavian lady's parents (who manage the allotment
on her behalf) I was asked "Don't you like the smell of smoke?" I replied
"My wife doesn't like the smell on washing" My wife is also a former TB
sufferer and her lungs are pretty much shot.

Next time I don't want to call the Fire Brigade out but is there any other
action I can take? TIA