Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wireless Cuts Out - Interference ?

"I suspect that it might not be very sensitive and is having
trouble hearing anything. Maybe the U.FL antenna connectors fell off
the wireless card?"

When it works I get 5 bars out of 5 on the signal level. It calls it "Excellent". Also, I had this thing out on the highway one time and it picked up all kinds of signals.

Just so happens the thing is right in front of me and has the covers off. The little black and white wires are connected.

"Vista is a PITA mostly..."

Stop right there. I know. Stupid thing can't even view a GIF. It opens IE to do it ! And I tried, the picture and FAX viewer cannot handle GIFs. It does in XP, and you can zoom them and really see them. But Vista is so much better it can't do that.

I almost upgraded this to XP when I first got it, had the drivers and everything downloaded but never got around to it. If I could find a really good comprehensive security package for XP I would run it until I drop dead.

And when I installed a second HD in it the DVD disappeared. That might be the mobo though. I guess I could boot off a live stick of Linux and see what it picks up.