Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] carolyn.mccam@gmail.com is offline

Default Internal door - jammed shut - handle not operating latch

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 at 4:43:59 PM UTC+1, paulfoel wrote:
Tried taking door handle off and turning with pliars etc but it just
seem to turn enough to open the latch.

What are my options? All I can see at the moment is kick the door
in....

Slide a piece of wire into the space above the latch and and wiggle it down until it comes out below the latch. If you curve the wire slightly before you start it will pop out below the latch. Twist the 2 ends of the wire together using pliers. As you keep twisting and applying more pressure the latch will pop open like magic!