Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default removing baseboard heaters, reusing the circuits

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 17:32:52 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Wed, 13 Jun 2018
15:26:37 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 08:33:21 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sat, 09 Jun 2018
14:24:51 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"easy part" is removing them. What I want to do is route the
power into a wall socket so I can have bedside lamps in there. Surface
mount and just trim the wires to fit?

Not quite. Check your wiring. You might have 12/2 w/ground, which
wouldn't be to code for 120v outlets. If you have 12/3 w/ground, you
can convert each to a 120v line because of the neutral. Either would
work well, but only one would be to code. I like that particular code
snippet because it keeps us safer. Check your gauge, too, because
some homes were built with 14ga wiring. I guess it wouldn't matter
much unless you were running high-powered equipment on them.

It is in the bedroom, I'll be plugging lights into them. Maybe
the vacuum cleaner every other Spring.

And I thought _I_ was a bad housekeeper, doing mine once a year,
whether it needs it or not. Oh, time to get more bags for the Hooving
Machine. Walmart: 6pcs Type-A bags for $7.95 delivered. (Cheaper than
going to the Wally World in town and buying them at 3/$5.)

My wife (GF at the time) knew we were made for each other: our
vacuum cleaners used the same bags. That, and I talked to/with her
cat.
Ours is a strange and wonder relationship. I'm strange, she's
wonderful.

After that intro, I'm surprised you didn't say that you knew your
relationship was going to suck, what with you both using the same type
of vacuum and all.

--
If we can ever make red tape nutritional, we can feed the world.
--Robert Schaeberle