Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default removing baseboard heaters, reusing the circuits

Larry Jaques on Wed, 13 Jun 2018
15:26:37 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 08:33:21 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Larry Jaques on Sat, 09 Jun 2018
14:24:51 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

"easy part" is removing them. What I want to do is route the
power into a wall socket so I can have bedside lamps in there. Surface
mount and just trim the wires to fit?

Not quite. Check your wiring. You might have 12/2 w/ground, which
wouldn't be to code for 120v outlets. If you have 12/3 w/ground, you
can convert each to a 120v line because of the neutral. Either would
work well, but only one would be to code. I like that particular code
snippet because it keeps us safer. Check your gauge, too, because
some homes were built with 14ga wiring. I guess it wouldn't matter
much unless you were running high-powered equipment on them.

It is in the bedroom, I'll be plugging lights into them. Maybe
the vacuum cleaner every other Spring.

And I thought _I_ was a bad housekeeper, doing mine once a year,
whether it needs it or not. Oh, time to get more bags for the Hooving
Machine. Walmart: 6pcs Type-A bags for $7.95 delivered. (Cheaper than
going to the Wally World in town and buying them at 3/$5.)

My wife (GF at the time) knew we were made for each other: our
vacuum cleaners used the same bags. That, and I talked to/with her
cat.
Ours is a strange and wonder relationship. I'm strange, she's
wonderful.

tschus
pyotr
--