Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Dishwasher detergent

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 19:55:25 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 00:22:39 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:24:49 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" wrote in message
news On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 21:32:34 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

The Other John wrote
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote

What ****es me off is they wrap each one separately. Why?

To make them child proof 'cos idiot kids think they're sweets!
Trouble
is they are not only child proof they're adult proof as well!
With
arthritic hands I have a hell of a job getting them unwrapped.

Cant you keep a small pair of surgical scissors in the box of tabs
?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medical-O...Z0Ga-IolczU_eQ

Why should he have to? The tabs should be non-wrapped.

Doesn't work, the stuff is hygroscopic.

You can buy the powder in a bottle without any wrapping and just
pour it in, what's so special about tabs that they need little
wrappers?

They are hygroscopic.

Surely they're just powder in a lump?

Nope, different constituents.

Why?

So it doesn't clump with the powder form.

I'd buy powder or liquid if I could

I wouldn't.

but all the supermarkets just sell tablets. I don't want ****ing
individual wrappers!

Some tablets have wrappers that dissolve in the
dishwasher so you don't have to remove the wrapper.

It's as bad as paracetamol. That should be sold loose in bottles, not in
silly little push the tablet out and smash it to pieces sachets!

All of my meds are like that now and I don't ever smash any pills.

The blood pressure meds are also available in little plastic
bottles, because some have only half a pill twice a day but
I prefer the cards with individual push out pills and I now
take one pill twice a day.
That