Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Battery operated compressor

On 6/13/18 12:11 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 8:49:19 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

My only gripe with the Lowe's unit is that it is loud, as are all
the oiless compressors. Not as loud as a couple of others I have
owned, but still loud to me.

That's what long hoses are for - - - - - -

Hah! No kidding. If I can, the compressor always winds up as far away
as possible from me. Around that piercing, loud drone all day long
is not only headache inducing, but annoying as hell.

I have had a few compressors that are haunted. My phone will ring, I
answer it, and I am in the middle of my "thank you for calling my
company" spiel or trying to find out where material is and the
compressor's sensor recognizes that, and starts the motor.

Or, I can be talking to one of the guys, get to a detailed part of
the discussion, and once again the machine kicks in.

Uncanny...

Robert

I did a deck rehab job with a friend who's air hoses all had leaks.
Pretty simple fixes but he never fixed them. The guns would shoot about
3 trim nails before the compressor kicked back on. In fact, it would
still kick on about every minute even if you weren't using any guns on
it. It was about as annoying as it gets.

Add to that the fact that the client was one of these guys who had to
ask questions about what we were doing, every little step of the way.
"Why are you doing it that way?" "Why wouldn't you just do it like...?"
"Are you sure that's going to be strong enough?"

Every time he'd come out to ask questions, that stupid compressor would
kick on right as I was starting the answer.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--