Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom Lifeson Tom Lifeson is offline

Default At what PSI does a plastic soda bottle explode? (home CO2 carbonation)

replying to tmovoice, Tom Lifeson wrote:
When I was stationed in California, back in the 80's, I used to belong to the
"Soda Butler" service. Monthly they'd bring a new CO2 cylinder, the soda
syrups of your desire, and new 2 liter bottles, if need be. The regulator was
set to 5psi. You'd add syrup to a line, fill with filtered water, unless you
liked chlorine tainted soda, place the special cap on the bottle, (which had a
heavy duty schrader valve) connect the hose to the bottle cap valve, and
shake, shake, shake. I found that the longer you shaked the more CO2 would
"scrub" into the liquid, so I could control the amount of fizz. It was a great
system as I never had any flat soda, no matter how long it was left in the
fridge, just scrub (shake) more CO2 into the liquid and like magic, fresh
fizzy soda. Shaking was mandatory to scrub CO2 into the liquid at 5 psi! Hope
this helps!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ca-434649-.htm