Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default If it slips, where's it gonna go?

On 6/13/18 1:22 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
Bill wrote in
:

Colin Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:23:34 +0000, Puckdropper wrote:

http://www.woodbutcher.net/slips.shtml

I can't tell you how useful this little phrase has been. Any time
I'm doing something that involves applying force, I take a second
and ask myself this question. If my chisel slips, where's it going
to go?

I find myself asking that question alot with phillips-head screw
drivers..

Why are your Phillips head screw drivers slipping?

Be absolutely certain you're using the right size Phillips screw driver.
#2 is the most common size with #1 being the second most common. If
you put a screw driver in a screw head and it moves side to side easily,
you're using a screw driver that's too small.

Phillips screwdrivers also work best with force applied along the
turning axis. Push in as you rotate the screw.

Puckdropper

Just use Torx heads.

--

-MIKE-