Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How does Bowden cable work

On 12/06/2018 20:30, wrote:
Hi all

I have taken some photos and tried to upload them to a public album (hopefully not done this for ages). They show the fittings and particularly the brass fitting I need to connect the sheath to. Hopefully this works

https://photos.app.goo.gl/L44RinHPY2v2UeEbA

I have tried some searching but can only find examples of soldering the fitting to the wire rather than the sheath to the fitting. They seemed to use "silver solder" which I assume is not the same as plumbing solder

Thanks

Lee.

Very helpful. "Silver soldering" is done at red heat, I think even "soft
soldering" (i.e. plumbing / electrical) will deform the plastic however
careful you are. I would go for epoxy: abrade and degrease the parts
first. Someone has already suggested this.

---