Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Battery operated compressor

On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 8:49:19 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

My only gripe with the Lowe's unit is that it is loud, as are all the oiless compressors. Not as loud as a couple of others I have owned, but still loud to me.

That's what long hoses are for - - - - - -

Hah! No kidding. If I can, the compressor always winds up as far away as possible from me. Around that piercing, loud drone all day long is not only headache inducing, but annoying as hell.

I have had a few compressors that are haunted. My phone will ring, I answer it, and I am in the middle of my "thank you for calling my company" spiel or trying to find out where material is and the compressor's sensor recognizes that, and starts the motor.

Or, I can be talking to one of the guys, get to a detailed part of the discussion, and once again the machine kicks in.

Uncanny...

Robert