alt-hvac Moderated

Default moving water main valve

I was in a plumbing supply house a couple months ago. They had a gadget at
the counter they were showing someone. A threaded shaft rig with a rubber
that expands. You could put it into the pipe, adn then slip a full flow
(ball or gate) valve over it, and then solder while the expander holds water
back.

It was about twenty bucks, don't know if it works or not.

--

Christopher A. Young
Join Alt-Hvac Moderated

"Speedy Jim" wrote in message ...
Cory Lechner wrote:

3) I am arranging to have it shut off tomorrow. What do I do if it

doesn't
shut off completely? Use compression fittings?

No, I wouldn't trust compression fittings at all here.
One time-worn trick is to stuff the pipe with bread (!).
It soaks up the trickle while you solder and flushes out later.
A hotter torch (MAP or even oxy-acetylene) works wonders too.