Posted to rec.woodworking

Default If it slips, where's it gonna go?

Puckdropper on Tue, 12 Jun 2018 09:23:34 GMT
typed in rec.woodworking the following:
http://www.woodbutcher.net/slips.shtml

I can't tell you how useful this little phrase has been. Any time I'm
doing something that involves applying force, I take a second and ask
myself this question. If my chisel slips, where's it going to go?

Ever since I got this scar (points to inside of left thumb) that
thought has not been far from my mind.

If I have to let go, where's the piece of wood I'm cutting going to go? (Is
anyone else's table saw height right under their belt? Ain't no way I'm
standing in the line of fire!!!)

Puckdropper

--
pyotr filipivich