Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default If it slips, where's it gonna go?

On 6/12/2018 4:23 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
http://www.woodbutcher.net/slips.shtml

I can't tell you how useful this little phrase has been. Any time I'm
doing something that involves applying force, I take a second and ask
myself this question. If my chisel slips, where's it going to go? If I
have to let go, where's the piece of wood I'm cutting going to go? (Is
anyone else's table saw height right under their belt? Ain't no way I'm
standing in the line of fire!!!)

Puckdropper

Line of fire.....I have use a TS for so long just about any where on the
front side of the saw is in the line of fire.

BTW just how tall are you? LOL. The last time I had a close encounter
I got hit about 2" above the belt, and I am 6' tall. On another
occasion I got hit in the chest and the fence was between me and the
work being cut.