Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Came across this. Interesting.

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
In article ,
alan_m wrote:

It's the people who have branded 17 million people as racist, bigoted,
simple minded etc., before and after the referendum, who are really
responsible for much of the vote going the way it did and the hardening
of opinions since. Reap what you sow!

Ah - right. Label someone and they become that stereotype.

No you just **** off a lot of people. When a large percentage of the
population get ****ed of with politicians because they are being
labelled racist, stupid etc., do not expect these people to support you
or your views on any subject.

Are you saying racism is actually rather rare, then?

I suspect the brexit vote would have had a different outcome if those on
the remain side had risen above the mire of mud slinging, insults and
the child-like campaign of fear and treated the British public with
respect.

What a very odd notion. Surely most people vote to give the best result
for them and theirs. Or has everyone suddenly become altruistic now too?

Most people did vote for the best result!

But since you think the leave campaign was one of fear, you must have
believed the lies from the Brexit one. Do you still do?

I didn't believe any the lies from both sides. When politicians resort
to lies and negative campaigning for me they have NOTHING to say.