Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Face Shield on Amazon on sale

"Dr. Deb" wrote:

On Sunday, June 10, 2018 at 11:05:44 AM UTC-5, Spalted Walt wrote:

I've used this full-face shield for over a year. It's my go-to shield and
I just bought two more. Amazon is showing it as $22.82. Even if you have
to buy several to get free shipping, it's worth it!

I haven't had the shield fog up on me (a big problem with safety goggles),
but have had it get a little dusty. A quick wipe with a towel fixes that.
It works with my Dust-B-Gone dust mask but not with my earmuff style
hearing protection.

https://smile.amazon.com/Uvex-Bionic...nate-Anti-Fog-
S8510/dp/B001VY3ACE

Now for the minimalist I've been very pleased with these:
https://www.amazon.com/Crossfire-192...dp/B00A1B71KK/

I bought them last summer for weedeating as an alternative to foggy,
sweat-droplet-covered lens, safety glasses. My reading glasses fit
nicely underneath so now I often use them in the shop as well.

I had originally interned to buy the $36 Bugz Eye goggles:
https://www.amazon.com/Bugz-Eye-Sigh...dp/B00455WUYA/
but I decided to try the cheaper Crossfire because I wasn't sure I
could tolerate the restricted view of looking through wire screen. It
turned out to be a non-issue for me.

Good looking, but IF you have ever had a large chunk come flying off a blank at about 1500rpm, you are really glad that thing hit the face SHIELD and not your, much more sensitive, face.

Scars are tattoos with better stories.