Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Smart Meter

On 10/06/2018 01:57, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jun 2018 12:02:47 +0100, F wrote:

Is that actually the case though? And how many suppliers actually

do
routine meter replacement? Note supplier not DNO, the meter is not
the DNO's responsibilty theirs stops at the cut out.
Quite 1967, 1980 amd 1996 here...

Whether a meter change is part of an 'offer' or is routine, a smart
meter is not compulsory. You can turn it down and insist on a mechanical
meter.

Mechanical? They are still fitting mechanical meters? Our 1996 meter
is electronic.

What does ARW see in new builds?

I couldn't think of any word other than mechanical when I was trying to
describe an alternative to smart! Electronic was the word and it's
nowhere near the one I used!!

Thanks.