Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Harbor Freight stuff

On 06/11/2018 10:55 AM, Frank wrote:
I would not buy anything there for extended use. A cheap tool might be
worth it if it gets a single intended use. Some of their stuff will
last but most won't.

I bought an electric impact hammer when I rebuilding the Sportster's
forks. There is an Allen screw holding the damper tube. Not a lot of
torque but if the tube starts to rotate as you break the bolt loose
you're down to trying to jam a broomstick or something in to hold it.

I figured if it worked once it was worth it. I've used it a couple of
times since. Once was when the Amazing Hulk at the tire store installed
my tires. The first thing I do when a tire store touches my tires is to
go home and make sure I can break the nuts loose. When the veins started
to standout on my forehead, I got out the impact wrench. Worked like a
champ and definitely paid for itself.