Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Harbor Freight stuff

On 06/11/2018 09:38 AM, Clare Snyder wrote:
It becomes a real issue when the backlash excedes both the amount of
swing room and the distance between "clicks" in the ratchet.

I had a ratchet like that that didn't survive its first failure. This
was back in the early '70s when Spain was producing wrenches that made
HF's worst look like SnapOn. There was also a Spanish speed adjustable
floating around the shop. The speed part wasn't part of the original
design. The first time it was used on a nut that required any torque the
knurl stripped out leaving one position where the jaw would slide freely.

For some strange reason I've avoided Llama firearms too.