Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Harbor Freight stuff

On Sun, 10 Jun 2018 19:59:03 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

On 6/10/18 7:44 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

You can check the precision of the ratchets, and can see the quality
of the forging - but you can't see the quality of the steel and it's
heat treatment. For light duty use they are often more than adequate
but I'd be a bit wary of using them near the "design limits" in an
application that put my knuckles or other body parts in jeopardy.

This extendable ratchet seems fairly tough. I've had a cheater pipe
on it without causing any damage to it or me.
https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-drive-extendable-ratchet-62311.html

How much backlash in the ratchet mechanism?