Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default Face Shield on Amazon on sale

-MIKE- wrote:

Now for the minimalist I've been very pleased with these:
https://www.amazon.com/Crossfire-192...dp/B00A1B71KK/

I bought them last summer for weedeating as an alternative to foggy,
sweat-droplet-covered lens, safety glasses. My reading glasses fit
nicely underneath so now I often use them in the shop as well.

I had originally interned to buy the $36 Bugz Eye goggles:
https://www.amazon.com/Bugz-Eye-Sigh...dp/B00455WUYA/
but I decided to try the cheaper Crossfire because I wasn't sure I
could tolerate the restricted view of looking through wire screen. It
turned out to be a non-issue for me.

Interesting!
So, do you end up just not seeing the wire because it's so close to your
eyes?

I'd be lying if I said the wires completely disappear, but for me,
after a few seconds it becomes negligible. One thing worth mentioning
is the Bugz Eye goggles are not coated/painted black like the
others. A couple of the reviews I read (on Baileys or Amazon) mentioned
when the sun was low and you looked in a particular direction
sometimes they'd get a bright reflection into the eye from the shiny
stainless strands. That hasn't been an issue w/black coated at all.

Another concern I had was how easily would the screen wire bend? I
don't know if it's stainless or not but I think it would have to be
considering the amazing amount of thumb pressure I can put on the
lens area with zero bending/deflecting.

I was unaware 'mesh glasses' even existed until I ran across them
while looking for wire mesh face shields at Bailey's site last year:

http://www.baileysonline.com/Safety-.../Face-Shields/
http://www.baileysonline.com/Safety-...afety-Glasses/