Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice on Phones

In article ,
dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
Yes - that's a thought....
The camera on the Huawei seems to be 3.15Megapixels... the Archos core
50 I was looking at has two cameras - but the front one is 13mp (!)

Don't forget the quality of the actual lens. Might be an extremely
expensive part of the phone, since the physics of this hasn't much changed
over the years, unlike chips.

I had a picture of a car taken on my Samsung used in a club calender.
Ignoring any artistic merit ;-), it looked as good in terms of definition
and colour etc as any of the others, some of which I know to have been
taken on very expensive cameras.

Phone cameras these days take OK pictures as long as you aren't taking
pictures in extreme lighting, etc.
They are OK for snaps in daylight and some artificial light.
They are usually useless for night time unless your expectations are low
which they probably are if you haven't used a DSLR.

Oh - indeed. Didn't mean to suggest they can match a 'proper' camera under
all conditions. But then neither can any shapshot camera.
Just making the point that they can be vastly better than ones of only a
few years ago. Or on a cheap phone.

Think is a decent proper camera is a bulky object to carry with you at all
times. Most always carry a phone, though.

--
*Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.