Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Advice on Phones

On 09/06/2018 23:51, Marland wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

As 'smartphones' go the Moto G is pretty good, the Moto E isn't that
bad either.

However (like the OP) I wish I could buy a phone which was good at
making phone calls, sending/receiving SMS and not much else but
there's no such thing now.

Have you considered something from the Doro range?
They are designed for older people who just want a simple phone with
reasonable sized buttons they dont have to struggle to read, and clamshell
so buttons dont get pressed inadvertently but it isnt compulsory to be
old to buy one.

My mother has an older Sony Andriod phone that has a user configured
simple or expert interface where the former has the basic functionality
of phone, text, camera and a a few apps by default.

My mother gets on well with it although when something goes wrong the
sometimes quirky Sony way of doing things can be a PITA. (It may be that
coming from Andriod interfaces from other manufacturers trying to find a
setting that must be there is just frustrating on the Sony)