Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_3_] Bill Wright[_3_] is offline

Default Smart Meter

On 06/06/2018 14:34, wrote:
On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 17:05:48 UTC+1, Dave W wrote:
On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 22:31:22 +0100, Robin wrote:

On 04/06/2018 22:14, Rod Speed wrote:

Smart meters cant turn your supply off.

Yep, meters are not yet autonomous. But at least some suppliers can use
some smart meters in the UK to disconnect remotely the supply - and have
been able to do so since at least 2010 (when Ofgem wrote to suppliers to
remind them of their licence obligations before doing so). Ditto
remotely switching from credit to prepayment.

But not all suppliers. EDF in my case. We have yet to see what the
next generation meters can do.
--
Dave

Smart meters can and do turn of the supply remotely (gas and electric)but suppliers have to meet certain criteria before doing so.

It's just asking for us DIY people to bypass the meter.

Bill