Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is Acetone Save For Vinyl Windows?

On 6/9/18 7:43 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/09/2018 05:26 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Â*Â*Â* Getting an engineering degree must do it.Â*Â* I was watching shows on
the Science
Channel showing building screw ups.Â*Â* Some of the mistakes are just
plain stupid.
A decimal point in the wrong place, not converting from English to
metric,Â* etc.
The second one caused a satellite to crash on the moon.

I remember being shown a video of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in a
freshman class with the advice 'this is not how you design a bridge'.

Do I have it right that something shaped like an inverted airplane
wing
is put under the bridges now to minimize wind effect?