Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Smart Meter

On 09/06/2018 20:50, Max Demian wrote:
On 09/06/2018 19:18, F wrote:
On 09/06/2018 18:45, Graeme wrote:
In message , F
writes

Whether a meter change is part of an 'offer' or is routine, a smart
meter is not compulsory. You can turn it down and insist on a
mechanical meter.

What is the situation for someone who moves house, and finds the new
(to them) house has a smart meter?* Can the new owner insist the
smart meter is replaced with a traditional mechanical meter?* Just
idle curiosity.

GIYF...
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/e...r-removed.html

******** not answering the question written by someone who has swallowed
the "smart meters are spiffing and so /modern/!" crap.

I think you will find it answers the question I was asked.

For example, 'We asked Smart Energy GB, the company behind the roll-out,
if it was possible to get one removed and if this would attract a cost.

It said a consumer can ask for a smart meter to be removed at any time,
but a supplier could levy a charge for the cost of the switch – although
it admitted it hadn't heard of this happening'.

And, 'I also approached the Big Six energy providers to ask if they
would charge a fee for the removal of a smart meter. They all said if a
smart meter needed to be removed the issue would be addressed on a
case-by-case basis and there should not be a charge'.