Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default External CD/DVD drive

On 09/06/2018 09:39, Richard wrote:
On 08/06/18 12:02, Bill wrote:
In message , Theo
writes
or a SATA DVD drive in a powered case, for example:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/External-...VD-ROM-DVD-Dri
ve-Caddy-Cover-Case-Notebook-Laptop/292567473829 taking the second
USB cable to a mains-plug USB supply, eg from Poundland

My worry about recommending this is that he is using this with a hard
disk storage device that's part of and hooked into his hi-fi system.
I'm used to the shash caused by laptop psu's and would be wary of any
Poundland electronics from this pov.
And also the slimline drives only seem to be half the speed of the
full sized drives.
He is in his 80's and is hoping to HD-ise all his huge collection of
CD's before he gets old, so speed is crucial. He has about 1TB of flac
files stored the last time I looked, and is about half way.

Why bother with all that then:
https://www.gamesroomcompany.com/products/jukeboxes/cd

one of them should keep him feeling young.

Very good! Not a bad idea for a DIY project . . .

--
Cheers, Rob