Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Selectivity vs. sensitivity

On Thu, 07 Jun 2018 20:32:03 -0400, micky wrote:

I want a newer car radio for my 2005 Toyota Solara, and I live in
Baltimore and want to be able to receive WAMU, 88.5 and WCSP
(c-span)90.1, from DC.

If you are really IN Baltimore, there's no way you can get DC stations on
a car radio. I lived on the Eastern Shore of VA for a while, and I did
listen to my favorite DC stations, but I built a Yagi antenna and pointed
it up into the sky. That was a fixed location and home stereo equipment,
not a car radio. That worked pretty well, but you got a lot of flutter
any time an airplane was crossing in the middle.

If you are expecting to get the info from a few specs listed on the
outside of the box, I wouldn't bother. Those specs are not likely to be
very accurate or useful by comparison.

Jon