Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Samsung TV's Ambient mode - TV ad

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 22:27:12 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 31 May 2018 17:46:10 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

It suggests that the TV can put on its display, a copy of the wallpaper
hidden behind and by the TV, so that the TV became less visible - if I
am understanding the ad properly? That suggests the TV will need to be
on and operating at least its display all the time - Might not that be a
tremendous waste of power and to be discouraged?

It's simply a daft idea and I'm struggling to work out who it would
appeal to.

I think it will evolve into a similar idea as a screen saver. If you have a large TV on a wall why not make it look like a window to...., or a painting.
I'd have one that looks like you're looking out from the window of the starship Enterprise warping through space. Some might prefer a rain forest , barrier reef etc. or just a webcam of what's outside the house/garden.