Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Selectivity vs. sensitivity

On Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 9:20:55 PM UTC-4, wrote:
You want these stations in your car ? Well, a buddy has a Ford Taurus with a radio with extreme sensitivity and doesn't exhibit that noise like older tuner due to the digital signals etc. on the carrier.

I had more than a couple of people complain that their factory Ford radio had better AM DXing range than their aftermarket radio.

I don't know about the new Fords, but Fords through the early 2000s had very sensitive and reliable factory radios.

The last Ford I had was a 2000 Explorer, and that radio could pick up WFAN and WCBS (New York AM stations) almost like they were locals. I could listen to ballgame from New York when others couldn't. Too bad Ford didn't know as much about automatic transmissions as they do about building radios.