Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Pretty Cool Power Poles - Laminated Wood

On 6/8/2018 8:10 AM, Sonny wrote:
On Thursday, June 7, 2018 at 11:37:28 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Along one of the walkways were 3 power poles made of laminated wood. I wish
I had thought to add something to give a sense of scale, but I forgot. Just consider the fact that the wires from these poles ran to the other side of
thruway (seen in the background) so you can imagine how large they are.

The poles are rectangular and tapered.

https://i.imgur.com/V7ZJkOn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/tfVIf54.jpg

That is interesting. I suppose they are creosote treated.... I wonder what kind of glue was used, for the laminates, such that the creosote didn't affect the glue's adhesion.

I strongly expect they're treated after the glue-up, not before...