Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher detergent

In article ,
David Godfrey m writes:
Far fewer problems with liquid detergent but doesn't clean the dishes as well

In my machine, I stopped using liquid because it formed something that
looked like hard water scale on the element that would flake off and
block the water jets (only it isn't hard water scale as it doesn't
dissolve in acids).

All dishwasher detergents became less effective about 18 months ago
when they had to remove the phosphates. Often this is unnoticed if
you use tablets as for most washes there is way more detergent than
is needed, but if you more accurately dose liquid or powder according
to the washing load and fat, then this was more obvious as more
detergent was needed.

--
Andrew Gabriel