Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default removing baseboard heaters, reusing the circuits

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 21:41:21 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Going to be removing the baseboard heater in the bedroom. It is
just taking up space. (Is small house- 3 inches would make a
difference on the water closet's door side.)

"easy part" is removing them. What I want to do is route the
power into a wall socket so I can have bedside lamps in there.
Surface
mount and just trim the wires to fit?

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich.

Many of those baseboard heaters are 220 volt. Just check before
changing things ....

An easy way to map 120V outlets to their breakers is to plug in a
vacuum cleaner that makes the floor vibrate, so you can hear it
running from the breaker box.

In the other direction I extended the leads of a clamp-on AC current
probe on the breaker wire with an extension cord to the DVM upstairs,
to record the heater duty cycle and room temperature on a computer.
Banana plugs fit in 3/16" OD telescoping brass tubing.
-jsw