Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New report: Easier access to guns means more violent deaths

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 6:23:27 PM UTC-5, Stormin' Norman wrote:
On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 19:20:00 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 15:57:38 +0000, None wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 11:18:40 -0400,
wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2018 14:33:15 +0000, None wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 23:41:05 -0400,
wrote:

BTW how is that cite coming on the NYC trash dumping bull**** you
threw out the other day? (and ran away)

A good reminder. You were the one who claimed your Florida
incinerator was burning plastic to produce power. I read the publicly
available information about that system and discovered they don't burn
the plastic, but rather they recycle it. I pointed this out to you,
but you ran away and never admitted the "error".

Why did you refuse to admit the "misstatement", (being polite)? Let
me guess, you never saw the comment because (insert excuse here).

What did you read that said that? They burn the whole waste stream
including plastic. They recover the ferrous metal before it goes into
the incinerator.

Here you go, the same site which you posted.

http://www.leegov.com/solidwaste/recycling/yes

http://www.leegov.com/solidwaste/facilities/rrf/wte

"All of the household garbage collected in Lee and Hendry counties
eventually ends up at the Lee County Resource Recovery Facility, where
it is sorted for reusable and recyclable materials. The lowest value
waste is brought to the Waste-To-Energy Plant where, for the last 20
years, it has been converted to electricity through combustion. "

This is the puff piece from our government. When the news people
actually investigated it, most of it gets called "low value" pretty
much defined by any load that has just about anything they don't want
to screw with. If they see "plastic bags, hoses, styrofoam (and a
number of other things)" the whole load goes to the incinerator. They
even have ads on TV saying as much. The reality is the sorting center
can't handle more than a fraction of the waste so they only cherry
pick the cleanest stuff. Most of it does not come from curbside
collection. Look at little deeper than the site from the people who
collect the taxes.

In other words, I should just take your word for it, even though the
site clearly states they recycle plastics numbered 1 - 7. Heh!
--

Stormin' Norman! Where have you been? I was worried we lost another person posting to the group. I hope you're OK. I've seen too many guys I've argued with pass away. Just because I disagree with someone doesn't mean I wish any harm to come to them. Did you have any health problems or did you go on vacation and eschewed reading and posting to Usenet? O_o

[8~{} Uncle Concerned Monster