Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Cctv able to read number plates

"michael adams" wrote in message
news

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"michael adams" wrote in message
news
Or there again even better somebody could "borrow" the neighbours
car do a few wheelies and get caught on the CCTV even better.

Plenty let others drive their car. Here, if the car is caught on speed
cameras,
you are free to tell the authoritys who was driving it at the time;.

Same would apply in the situation being discussed.

Sorry I wasn't clear. By "borrow" there, I meant borrowed without the
owner's knowledge or consent. Basically the owner, the unpopular
neighbour, would be sound asleep in bed and their car would be nicked
from outside their house and driven to where there was a convenient
CCTV camera - anti social behaviour with the car would ensue
and it would be returned to outside their house.

I realised that’s what you meant and moved on to the other situation.

Its not that easy to nick a car anymore.

Providing there were no CCTVs directly outside their house, once the
people who'd "borrowed" the car reported them to the police, I'd imagine
they'd have a hard job convincing the police it wasn't they themselves who
were involved in the anti social behaviour in front of the CCTV camera.

Easy to prove that the car had been nicked by the damage
that had been done to the car to be able to nick it.

In fact, following the example of the guy in the Columbo episode "Columbo
and the Murder of a Rock Star" they could even wear masks so as to look
like the unpoular neighbour.

Pity it isnt that easy to nick cars anymore.

But he'd probably need to be a real PITA, to go to that much trouble.

And they would still have to work out how to nick the car.