Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What worked

On 6/6/2018 6:35 AM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 5, 2018 at 4:20:35 PM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* I ended up using my one homemade indexable end mill , only took 2
triangular inserts . What worked was to lock the rotary table in
position and using the end of the mill to do the cutting

So which triangular inserts does your home made mill take? I have a couple of store bought end mills that use triangular inserts, but also have some triangular inserts that are the wrong size and are not worth anything to me. The local scrap yard sometimes gets a bunch of carbide inserts when someone is cleaning out their shelves.

Dan
--------

I was wrong the other day , my tool takes TNMG inserts , I currently
have TNMG 321's and 322's in both C2 and C5 . I bought 5 of each at
least 10 years ago , have a couple of each still left . I don't use
carbide much ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old